26 places to visit in LA, from the Hammer to Yamashiro Night Market
Welcome to Curbed LA’s pocket guide, a map of 26 essential things to do in Los Angeles. Suited for locals and visitors and curated by our editors, this map is updated seasonally, focusing on cultural institutions, architecture, the outdoors, and beautiful spaces.
This summer, we’re paying special attention to things to do along the water, lush parks and gardens, impressive architecture that’s open to the public, special exhibits, and our favorite museums. Our picks include well-known classics and new favorites, from the “Beyond the Streets” graffiti showcase to the beach bike path to Yamashiro Night Market. If we missed any cool spots, let us know in the comments.
Looking for more ways to explore the City of Angels this summer?
- Need to cool down? These are the best hotel pools in LA.
- If you’re looking specifically for LA’s famous architecture, we’ve mapped the 20 most iconic buildings.
- Got kids in tow? Here’s a list of 26 family-friendly places and activities in LA.
- For the most classic and essential restaurants in Los Angeles, we defer to Eater LA.
- If you’re a bookworm, here’s a map guide to the haunts of legendary authors like Joan Didion and William Faulkner.